The scheme National Iodine Deficiency Disorder Control Programme (NIDDCP) was launched in Tripura since 1987 and now under the control of National Health Mission (NHM).
For implementation and monitoring of the programme-
- Need for establishing IDD Control Cell in the Tripura State.
- Need for establishing IDD monitoring laboratory.
- Survey to assess the magitude of Iodine Deficiency Disorders.
- Supply of iodated salt in place of common salt.
- Laboratory monitoring of iodated salt and urinary iodine excretion.
- Health education and publicity.
- Testing of salt samples for iodine
- Awareness creation