This programme has been implemented in the State since 1985, achievement in respect of Full Immunization coverage is consistently raising reaching up to 85% coverage of target children during 2016-17 (& achieving 10% case of target for full immunization in April – May 2017) against annual Target.
Many new initiatives have been undertaken during the year 2016-17, like –
- Introduction of Rota Virus Vaccine in routine immunization by Union Health Minister on 18th Feb. 2017.
- Introduction of fractional IPV IN Routine Immunization.
- Successful Implementation of 4th Phase Mission Indradhanush Campaign.
- Successful implementation of Pulse Polio Campaign.
Further Intensified Mission Indradhanush Campaign will be conducted from 7th October 2017 onwards and Measles-Rubela vaccine is expected to be launched in Routine Immunization in the state shortly.
Status report of Routine Immunization
Mission Indradhanush :- MI held phase manner to reach the unreached. Phase1 MI observed in West, Dhalai & North District. In Phase2 MI held in all districts of the state & in Phase3 MI held in West, North & Dhalai District. In Phase4 West, North, Dhalai, Kumarghat Sub-division of Unakoti District & Sabroom Sub-division of South district have been identified.
Total achievement of MI Phase-4 ( February 2017 to May 2017)
||No. of children Targeted
||No. of children vaccinated
||No. of pregnant women targeted
||No. of pregnant women vaccinated
||No. of fully immunized children
||No. of completly immunized children
JE vaccination campaign:- JEvaccination campaignwas conducted in phase manner in 1st phase, 3 nos district were identified West, Sepahijala & Khowai held on 23rd May 2015 to 5th June 2015. In Phase2 JE vaccination campaign held in Gomati, South, Unakoti & Dhalai district w,e,f 9th January 2017 to 31st January 2017.In North District JE vaccination campaign held w.e.f 11th April 2017 to 6th May 2017.
|Target (1-15yrs Children)
||55424 (50. 81%)
|Total = 1134805
National Immunization Day:-NID first round was observed on 29th January 2017 and second round observed on 2nd April 2017 followed by 2 days house to house visit.
|Target (0-5 yrs Children)
Rotavirus Vaccine :- Introduced in RI throughout the State after State launch on 18th February 2017.
- Fractional IPV introduced throughout the state in place of full dose of IPV.
- AFP Measles surveillance training conducted in all the eight district.
- Three batch of MO trained on RI module .
- State level TOT of District Cold Chain Handlers and District level training of planning unit level Cold Chain handlers completed.